As this year finally comes to a close, we thought we’d reflect on the whirlwind journey EZ Hampers has been on in 2023 with our faithful blog readers. Our hearts are filled with gratitude to each and every person who has supported us this year, and everyone at EZ Hampers would like to thank our customers for making 2023 such a special period! We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! Sadly, this is our last blog post of the year. But fear not! We’ll be right back in January to bring you Veganuary gift hampers, new products and many exciting changes to EZ Hampers. If you want to read more about what we got up to in this year check out our other blogs.
Did you know?:
2023, according to the Chinese calendar, is the year of the rabbit!
Read below to find out what EZ Hampers got up to in 2023:
- 22+ new brands joined EZ Hampers- Whilst our current products are near and dear to our hearts, the EZ Hampers team also love meeting new and innovative brands that care about the planet and the people on it. A few of our new brands include: Mr Preston’s Eggnog, Mishka Truffles, Beaut Natural, Tropic Skincare and many, many more!
- We supported more charities than ever!- Each year, we allocate a charity budget in order to support local causes and projects that are close to us. This year, we’ve supported 20+ We have also supported over 100 different charities through the products we sell, such as Persie Distillery who donate £1 for each dog gin sold to PADS (A dog charity) or Edinburgh Dog & Cat rescue.
- We were nominated for 6 awards- We’re once again very honoured to be acknowledged for our continued commitment to sustainability, our support of charitable causes, and our dedication to making fantastic hampers! Below are some of the awards we were nominated for:
- Nominated for a Northern Power Women Person with Purpose Award 2023
- Highly commended for Sustainability Champion by Altrincham and Sale Chamber of Commerce
- Best Sustainable Corporate & Personal Gifts Supplier 2023 – Northern England Business Excellence Awards 2023
- North West Carbon Heroes Award for Outstanding Efforts in Reducing the North West’s Carbon Footprint 2023
- Best Sustainable Luxury Gifts Supplier 2023 – North West England in The Perfect Gift Awards 2023
- Best Bespoke Gift Hamper Company 2023 – Small Business Awards 2023
4. Beetrice travelled far and wide!- We introduced our new mascot, Beetrice, this year on Instagram and since then she’s been jet-setting around the world, from Altrincham to overseas. She enjoyed trips out with Lisa, Erin and Gabby to places like Harrogate, the beach and even a karaoke session!
Our Personal Reflections
Lisa – “This year has been absolutely fantastic! I’ve had the opportunity to see so many entertaining shows, such as Peter Kay and Black Stone Cherry. I also loved travelling abroad with my partner to places like Rhodes, Gran Canaria and Morocco. In my work life, I recently joined the committee of Speed of Sight, a heart-warming charity that provides people with optical disabilities the chance to drive race cars! I’m also excited to announce that EZ Hampers have started supporting homeless charity, EGG (Encourage. Grow. Go), by hosting a charity lunch to raise donations. Finally, I’ve really enjoyed watching my two employees, Erin and Gabby, grow in confidence in their respective roles at EZ Hampers!”
Erin – “2023 has been a year with so many ups and downs. I have travelled to Thailand and Malta which were both unforgettable experiences. In May, my family adopted 2 of the most loving cats, who we named Poppy and Rose. I went to a lot of concerts this year including Billie Marten, The Black Keys, Hozier and Two Door Cinema Club. I can’t wait to continue all these amazing experiences in 2024. Professionally I have achieved a lot this year, I redesigned the website to fit in with our style. I’m hoping to continue to add to and improve our website over the next year.”
Gabby – “This year, I went back to education and achieved my level 2 qualification in counselling skills, and I hope to continue on to the level 3 in 2024! I also celebrated my one year anniversary working at EZ Hampers, and developed from my initial sales & stock administrator role to my new role as marketing & creative design coordinator. Whilst I didn’t travel abroad this year, I had the opportunity to travel around the UK to places like York and Brighton.